Guided Fly Fishing Trip's
- You will have a great fun day or days with your guide Stu. You will leave with new skills, knowledge, photos and a smile 100% guaranteed.
- Departure is 8.30 am- (return 5pm -6pm) from the HIDE cafe in Athol or your local accommodation or nearby cafe(pick up can be arranged at extra cost from airports local around the south Island of NZ) So you get off the plane and we head off straight from the airport.
- Stu has all insurances,first aid, special concessions which allows him to guide in areas others can not, He is also a long time member of the New Zealand Professional guides association.
- 12 years ago Stu made a big commitment for his fly fishing guiding business,clients and moved home to be beside the best river near Queenstown the famous Mataura river. His house even overlooks the river! Commitment or what!
- Stu is the only local guide on the upper Mataura river system in Northern Southland and has been guiding 15 years - All other fly fishing guides people hire come in from other areas and will/don't have the local everyday knowledge Stu has of the area.Where the fish are, water level, whats hatching, where have others been!
- Stu's rates are the same as many others , But you get way, way, much more!.
- Stu's services is the only guiding/fly shop in NZ to win a Tripadvisor, certificate of excellence award for his services. Stu has nothing to hide, so please read the Testimonials found on this web site and or Tripadvisor reviews.
- Stu is a qualified MASTER casting instructor and in 2007 became Australasia's first certified IFFF Master Fly Casting Instructor . Stu is the owner of NZ fly fishing schools and one of the most knowledgeable, respected. professional fly fishing guides in NZ. He has guided and taught fly fishing overseas and has also fished around the world for many species of fish,hired many of the worlds top guides and instructors, learning different styles and techniques in which to pass onto all his clients, if needed. Stu has also taught and helped many fly fishing guides NZ and overseas the art of guiding, teaching and fly casting.
- A unique specially kitted out guiding vehicle is used only for the guiding. It even has specially imported USA titian roof rod holders and Yeti cooler's ! It is a clean , modern ,road worthy ,raised,4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser covered with De-young trout art work.
- .Fishing licenses are not included and are available online at the Fish & Game NZ web site.
- Boots & waders can be rented . Please select them at check out.
- rods & reels supplied and other top of the range equipment if needed- free of charge
- Tippets, leaders and 10 flies supplied per client per day
- Lunch and refreshments included, Stu even prepares all his famous lunches personally, for you every morning, his attention to detail ,would be hard to beat.
- Water taxis, jet boats & helicopters can easily be arranged at an extra cost,
- Other professional guides that Stu works with can be arranged if there are more than two people in your group.
BOOKING INFO PLEASE READ.
- IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PAY THE FULL AMOUNT TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING - A 50% DEPOSIT FOR YOUR DAY OR DAYS IS ALSO FINE - JUST ASK STU FOR HIS BANK DETAILS. YOU MUST PAY FOR ANY BANK CHARGES WHICH MAY OCCUR FOR ANY PAYMENTS MADE, THIS CAN ALSO BE DONE AT THE END OF YOUR DAY OR DAYS.
- A 50% 90 DAY NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS NEED TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING. THE REMAINING 50% OF YOUR PAYMENT MUST BE PAID 30 DAYS BEFORE YOUR TRIP STARTS. BECAUSE ITS A SMALL ONE MAN OPERATION AND AT SHORT NOTICE IT CAN BE HARD TO FILL ANY CANCELED DAYS - NO REFUND OR CREDIT WILL BE PAID AFTER 30 DAYS.
- I ADVISE YOU TO TAKE OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE SO THAT YOU CAN CLAIM FOR YOUR TRIP, IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE TO CANCEL.